Migrating old users from an entrenched system like SquirrelMail to Roundcube can be a bit of a problem when it comes to the address book. These are the quick and dirty steps to move a users address book into RoundCube.
- Add the Address Import/Export plugin to Squirrel Mail
- Export the Contacts
- Convert to vCard
- Import into RoundCube.
Add the Address Book Import/Export plugin
- SSH into your box and download and install the Import/Export plugin
tar -xvf abook_import_export-1.1-1.4.4.tar.gz
rm -rf abook_import_export-1.1-1.4.4.tar.gz
- Choose option 8. Plugins
- Choose the number for abook_import_export which will move it from avaliable to installed plugins.
- S for save
- Q for quit
Export the Contacts
- Login to the users Squirrel Mail, click Addresses and the bottom of the page will now have an “Address Export” option.
- Choose a custom text delimiter and make the box blank. This may not work for a complex address book, so you may have to play around here.
- Export and save the file.
Convert to vCard
- Visit http://homepage.mac.com/phrogz/CSV2vCard_v2.html and copy and use the site to convert to a vCard
- Again this works for a simple address book, one with more complex input will need more complex tools.
- Save the resulting file with a vcf extension.
Import into RoundCube
- Click “Address Book”
- Click the Import Button
- Choose your vcf file and import.